The number of people who want to study abroad and work abroad after their education is increasing day by day. You can get the student visa you need to study abroad only for educational purposes.
The ways you need to follow to get a student visa are different for each country, but the documents requested by the countries in this process are similar. Therefore, you should research the documents required by the country you will go to for education and the student visa issuance process correctly. Otherwise, even if you have chosen the best school and been accepted, unfortunately, your chance to go will disappear unless your visa is issued.
In this article, the types of UK student visas and the required documents are explained to guide you.
UK STUDENT VISA
The UK student visa is the type of visa you need to get if you are going to travel to the UK to study. The UK student visa is divided into sections within itself. There are 3 different types. These types are determined by the nature and duration of education.
Types of UK Student Visa;
• the UK Visitor Student Visa
• the UK Extended Student Visa
• UK Tier 4 Student Visa (Long Term)
ENGLAND VISIT STUDENT VISA
The validity of the UK visitor student visa is limited to 6 months. If you are going to study longer than 6 months, this visa type will not be suitable for you. Even if the training you will receive is 1 month, the validity date of your visa does not change, it remains constant as 6 months.
If you need to apply for this visa type, you do not need to submit any language proficiency document. The most important document you need to submit is the acceptance letter, which proves that you have been accepted by the institution where you will have an education.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ENGLAND VISITING STUDENT VISA
• Your UK visa application form
• Your passport
• 2 of your biometric photos
• Acceptance letter from the school you want to study
• Documents showing your family's or your financial situation
• Documents showing that you have studied English
• Military status certificate for men
• If you are a student, a student certificate with English translation
• If you are not a student, a diploma from your last school or an English-translated exit document
• If you are married, a copy of the marriage certificate
• Copy of title deed and vehicle license
• Extract of civil registry (birth certificate)
• Your travel health insurance
UK EXTENDED STUDENT VISA
If the education you want to take in the UK is between 6 and 11 months, you should apply for this visa type. If you are going to receive language education, you should attach documents showing how you will make a living during your education in your application file.
For the UK extended student visa, your file should include your exam results indicating your English language level, in addition to other documents.
Exams and Required Scores
• IELTS: At least 4.0 in all majors
• TOEFL: Reading 8, Listening 13, Speaking 19, Writing 17
• PEARSON: At least 36 from all chapters
• TOEIC: Reading 275, Listening 275, Speaking 120, Writing 120
• PET: At least Borderline from all sections
• FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC: Minimum Weak from all sections
UK TIER 4 STUDENT VISA
If you are traveling to the UK for long-term education, you must apply for a Tier 4 student visa. This type of visa is used for university, graduate, doctoral and many certificate educations. Persons over the age of 16 can apply for this visa type.
You must include your purpose for going to the country and how you will cover your expenses during your education completely and accurately in your application file. At the same time, your language proficiency document must be in your file. A minimum of B1 level English is required.
Since the types of UK student visas vary according to the duration of the education to be taken, you should pay attention to these periods when applying.